Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 18, 2011

Invisible (chapters 6-10)

Chapter 6

I felt something move underneath me, so I flashed my eyes open. I was strapped to a bed, the ceiling was curved, and everything was moving. There was a lady reading a magazine in the corner. She was wearing a blue dress, and her long brown hair was braided and was hanging over her shoulder. Her name tag said Sue. Then something shook the room again, and she looked up.

“Ahh, you’re up. You hungry?” She had a fair voice and a gentle smile.

“No, um, where am I? Where are my parents? What’s going…?” She cut me off by holding her hand up.

“You’re on a plane, heading to a hospital in Deckerville, Michigan. Your parents are sending you,” She talked very smoothly, probably making sure I understood what was going on. Then the plane started to go down, and it made my stomach go up. Unexpectingly, I felt a grown leave my lips. “Looks like the plane is landing, that means more medicine,” My stomach felt worse when I saw her filling up a needle with liquid and started to roll my sleeve up. She was going to give me a shot WHILE I’m in a freaking’ PLANE!

“Please, I’m okay, seriously,” I felt the cold rubbing alcohol on my skin. “I don’t need that shot,” Obvilesly, you can tell that I hate needles.

“Don’t worry. With in 5 minute you’ll be snoozing, and wake up in the hospital,” Then she stabbed it in my arm. I felt it brake threw the skin. My mussels in my jaw tightened, and I squinted my eyes. Owww. But she was right, a minute later I started to get drowsy, a then fell asleep.

Chapter 7

The next day, Drew, Zack, Jay and Brandon decided to go see the injuries on Marvin, this time. They were meeting outside of the hospital, so they could tell Marvin, ‘I told you so, but you didn’t listen. Now look.’

“What’s taking them so long?” Zack was peering down the street to see if he could see Jay or Brandon.

“They’re not late, they still have a few minutes, and look there’s Jay.” Drew was sitting on a wall eating French fries. “I better hide these,” and he put the fries behind him.

“Why?” Zack couldn’t look up, because the sun was settled right behind Drew.

“It’s Jay’s favorite food, and will make me give it to him,” he got quieter as Jay got closer.

“Still waiting on Brandon?” He was now looking down the street also.

“Yep!” Zack was getting impatient

“Can I have some Fries?” Jay was, for once, smiling up at Drew. “You do know the wind is blowing towards me, so I can smell them, and I just want a few.”

Drew, shocked that he forgot about the wind. He sighed and gave jay the last of the fries. Then jumped off the wall because Brandon finally arrived. “Okay, let’s go!” And they all walked inside.

Inside, the lady at the desk wasn’t surprised to see them again. “Hey guys! So what did Marvin do this month?”

He tried skateboarding on top of a moving car.” Drew didn’t seemed worry, neither did the others.

“That boy! You’d think he’d be scared of heights after he tried rollerblading off a steep ledge, or jumping off his roof with a bed sheet, or going off the ski jump with a mattress, any ways… He is in room 51. Tell him hi for me, and tell him I hope he gets better!”

“Ya, okay, thanks Mary,” Drew ran up the stairs to catch up with his friends. When they reached the 2nd level they heard one excited kid.

“Woo Hoo!! YA! Beat that! Ya, I wi… ow ow ow.”

“Yep, that’s Marvin. I vote Jay tells him about his board,” Brandon was using his ‘Don’t send me!’ smile.

“Why?” Jay knew if they all agreed, he can make them send someone else.

“Well, I figured if he wants to come after you with a butchers’ Knife, then you can use your power to stop him,” Jay was staring at his shoes.

“I’ll go! I’ll go tell him!” Drew clapped his hands over his mouth and turned to Jay who was just grinning. “You know you can use you power for good?” Then started walking to Jay’s room.

“What can I say? I don’t want to die today,” Jay pushed himself off the stair railing, and followed his friends.

Zack was the first one in the room. “Hi Marv! Drew needs to tell you something,” He looked back and smiled at Drew. “Hi, Drew.”

“Ya, I guess so,” and shot another glare at Jay who just smiled.

“Okay, tell me in a minute. I am almost done with this le….vel,” He just lost the level. “Okay, you can tell me.”

Drew breathed in and started talking. “Blame you all our loan broke. Phew!”

“What? Our loan broke?” He had a puzzled look on his face, and then noticed that Jay was grinning ear to ear. “Okay, say it a bit slower,” Then Marvin looked at the closet door next to Jay and swung it open, hitting Jay right in the face.

Drew pulled himself up on the window ceiling and took in another breath. “Okay, when you hit the tree, your skateboard broke.” He looked up to see Marvin’s reaction. His face was red and looked like he was going to explode!

“That’s okay. It’s my fault, I was the one with the crazy idea,” Marvin swung his head around to face Jay, and swung the door again, but this time, Zack told him what was going to happen and dodged it. Everyone was laughing

“See! I told you, you can use your power for good!” Drew was pretty proud of Jay.

“You know, I think you should have a permanent room here, because you do come here once or twice a month.” Zack was now sitting on the floor playing Marvin’s video game.

“Ya, probably. This place could be like my 2nd home!” You could tell he was day dreaming.

“This is your 2nd home. So any ways; what injuries do you have this time?” Brandon was playing with the bed, making it go up and down.

“Just a busted knee and some cuts and bruises. I will be getting out tomorrow,” He was going to say more, but he noticed that Drew’s eyes were really big and he was sitting still. “Drew? You Okay?” Every one stopped what they were doing and turned to Drew. He didn’t answer. They all knew what that meant. He was sensing a psychic, one of us, some on with powers.

Zack stood up and walked over to the door. “What do you see?” Bandon went over to see what he was looking at.

“A girl, who is staying here, is going to stop in front of our door.” His eyes were closed, trying to concentrate. “She’s holding her head and is crying.” He turned to Drew. “Is that what you sensing?”

I don’t know, but it’s getting louder and worse. Everyone just act normal.” Everyone went back to what they were doing

One minute later, they heard footsteps down the hallway.

Chapter 8

When I woke up, my arm ached. I rolled up my sleeve and a band aid was there.

“I forgot the shot on the plane. That must mean this is the hospital in Michigan, and why am I talking to myself?” I looked down and there was a remote connected to the bed. One of the buttons said ‘Call for nurse,’ I pushed it and waited, and a few minutes later, a girl with short blond hair walked in.

“Good afternoon, how did you sleep?” I just looked at her, because honestly, I didn’t quite understand her. “I’m Carla, You look hungry, do you want to walk down to the kitchen and get something to eat?”

“Ah…” Right then my stomach growled. “Yeah, sure,” She helped me get out of my bed. I was wearing my gray sweat pants and yellow t-shirt. “How did I get my clothes?”

“Your parents had you bring 2 suitcases filled with clothes because they didn’t know how long you’d be here.”

“Oh,” We started walking down the hallway. I could hear that noise and feel the waves, but they weren’t strong so it didn’t bug me, so I just kept on walking.

“Gee whiz! You must feel hungry! You haven’t eaten anything for 2 whole days! You can have as much as you want.”

“Cool, thanks,” We turned a corner and it was louder and harder. I tried blocking it out by focusing on the surroundings. I heard someone playing video games, so I focused on that.

We walked in front of a room with 5 boys, just then the noise and the waves hit me hard. I grabbed my ears and fell to my knees. I couldn’t hear anything except that loud noise burning my ears. It sounded like someone screaming at the top of their lungs, nonstop, getting louder and louder. I thought my ears were bleeding. The waves were pushing me under water, I couldn’t breathe, I was getting dizzy and everything was pitch black. I couldn’t tell which way was up. I felt tears coming out of my eyes, stinging my dry skin. I was curled into a ball, waiting for someone to kill me and put me out of my misery.

I felt people around me. I felt there breathing, then I felt some one pull me up, but the waves just knocked me back down to my knees. Then 2 people picked up my arms, and the noise and the waves were not as strong, but still painful. I felt my head hanging, facing the ground; I just didn’t have the strength to hold it up. I felt those 2 people pull my arms over their shoulders. I could feel my noodle like legs trying to walk. And before I knew it, I was in my bed.

“Oh, my gosh. Thank you so much boys. Can you watch her while I go get the doctor?” That sounded like the nurse, Carla.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” It was a boy’s voice; I must be one of those boys in that room. Then I heard the click of the door. “Okay Jay can you get her up?” A few seconds later I felt my arms pushing my weak body up. I opened my eyes to come face to face with 4 boys. They all looked to be my age. The waves and the loud noise were still in my head. My body was swaying back and forth and a head ach was starting to form. Then 2 of them quickly, almost jumping came and they both tapped my hand, then the waves and the noise was gone.

“Sorry about that,” One of the boys who touch my hand had short brown hair that was spiked. I just looked at him in confusion, and then looked around the room with the same look.

“Hey!” That one sounded like the voice talking to the nurse. Kind of scratchy. He had dirty blood hair and was at least a few inches taller than me. “I know how you feel, I can be tiring,” What the crap was he talking about, and I highly doubt he knows what I am going through. “Oh, I am Andrew, but everyone calls me Drew, and this is Zack, Brandon and Jay,” Zack was on the couch, he was the other one who tapped my hand. He had red hair that was crazy, saying he doesn’t care how he looks, and he looks to be the shortest out of them.

Brandon already talked to me, the one with spiky brown hair. He was sitting on the chair by a countertop that had just a sink, some towels and paper cups. His light hazel eyes and his smile were just as bright as the sun when he smiled at me.

Jay was leaning against the faded tan wall. His long black hair covered his eyes. He was tilting his head towards the ground in front of the door. He seemed calm, mysterious. All I wonder about him is how he woke me up; he didn’t even lay a finger on me.

“What’s your name?” I turned my attention back to Drew. He was sitting at a small table with two chairs.

“Margret love, but everyone calls me Mark.”

“Marvin is our other friend, but he has a busted knee, so he couldn’t come. He had to stay in his hospital bed with his leg elevated.” That was Zack, the red head, I think.

“Do you have any powers?” Drew asked kind of out of the blue.

“Ah…no. What are you talking about?”

“Why are you here?”

“I was having a freak out at school, so they sent me here.” I felt like I was saying I went crazy, well, I did, sadly.

“Why were you freaking out?” drew pulled out a piece of paper and a pen form his jean pocket, but I didn’t know why.

“You’re going to think I’m crazy,” well they probably already thought that.

“Try me.” He meant it, because he had that bring it on look on his face.

“Well,” They were all looking at me, waiting for me to start telling my crazy story. “In A1 a watery-blue sphere was around my pencil, and my hand wouldn’t go past it and in A2 It was around my teacher and a student, and they didn’t even notice! At lunch people were thinking I was acting odd and was looking sick and stuff. Then in A3 my whole hand disappeared! But I could still fell my pen in my hand. Then I went and sat in the back, I started to hear this weird noise and fell these waves that would make me sway, so I just couldn’t handle it so I went to find it, but I never did. So now I am here. And back there, it was happening to me again, just more painful, and weakening.” Their eyes were huge!

“Force fields?” Zack was at the edge of the couch.

“Invisibility?” Brandon looked like he was going to pass out any minute.

“And sensing,” Drew looked calm, and very happy.

“I know I am crazy, but that is why I am her…”

Drew cut me off, “You’re one of us.”

“What?” then the doctor and nurse came in.

“Thank you boys, you may leave now.” The doctor started to check my blood pressure. They got up and started to leave, but before drew left; Drew tucked a Pease of paper at the foot of my bed, and then followed the others out.

“On a scale of one to ten, ten being the worst, how bad was your mental pain?”

“Well all I know was that I was in pain,” I honestly didn’t care if this guy was a doctor. I wasn’t trying to figure out how bad it hurt, all I knew was that I was in a lot of pain. Pain is Pain, and to me, you don’t measure it on a scale of one to ten.

“We need to know, so between one and ten?”

“I am guessing a ten.”

“Well I am pretty sure it was all in your head,” Okay so if it was a one would you still say that? “Let’s get you something to eat and some medicine.” He smiled then left.

“I’ll get you some food, I’ll be back soon.” Then she left also. I waited for a minute to make sure she wasn’t going to come back in, and then started digging at the foot of my bed looking for the piece of paper drew left. I felt the corner of the paper, and pulled it out and started reading.

We’ll visit you tomorrow

And we will explain every thing

I promise

--Drew


I slouched down on my bed. They’ll explain everything tomorrow. But that sentence was still ringing in my ear.

“You’re one of us.”

Chapter 9

“Oh my gosh! Dude you totally missed it!” Zack aid as he ran into Marvin’s room.

“So, any powers?” Marvin asked.

“Any powers? Man she has the best of the best! Force Fields, invisibility, and sensing! I’ve always wanted to have invisibility!” As Brandon said this, his eyes got bigger and bigger, and his mouth dropped out in amazement.

“Force fields? Invisibility? And…”

“Sensing,” Drew butted in, “Just like me, and the reason why she broke down in front of our door. She’s not even use to even sensing one person, It really hurt her, because just sensing one is annoying, But two, it gets painful. She was sensing all five of us, because we all have psychic powers. I’m surprised she didn’t pass out before we got to her.”

“Gee, you should have seen it inside her head. Everything was black, and her brain was paying tricks on her. Like making her stop breathing, her pulse made her dizzy and some others.” Of course, Zack knew that with his brain power.

“Wow, I’m happy I don’t have sensing power, but still, I want invisibility,” Brandon was day dreaming.

“Well you can walk through solid objects like a ghost,” Drew pointed out.

“But I can’t turn invisible like a ghost.” Brandon was sliding his hand in and out of his arm chair.

“I thought only spirits could turn invisible not ghost.’ Marvin was looking out the window watching the sun go down.

“Same thing.”

“Well we got to go, it’s getting late,” Drew stated putting his gray hoodie on. “You are getting out tomorrow, right?”

“Yeah, they just want me to stay overnight.”

“Okay, good. We’re talking to mark tomorrow, and then you can meet her.”

“Mark?”

“Nick name, see yaw!” Then they left.

Part 2

Training on the

Run

Chapter 10

I’m guessing it was around 8 or 9 am when I woke up. I was freezing, and felt really dizzy. I pulled my blanket and sheet closer to me and curled into a ball. Just when I was almost asleep, the door cracked open. I curled up even tighter; I didn’t want to get up.

“Jay, can you wake her?” It was Drew, I think.

“No, let her sleep. She was up all last night throwing up,” And I think that was Jay. What was he talking about? I was throwing up last night?

“Okay, stay here, so if she wakes up, you can come and get me,” Then I heard the door open then close. I tried to fall asleep again. Everything was silent, but cold. I started to melt into my pillow, smelling the cold morning air.

I don’t know how long I was there, but all of a sudden, I started to shake. I got really hot, so I loosened my blanket, but then I got cold. I felt sweat drip off my face. My stomach felt like knifes were stabbing it in all directions, so my arms clenched around it.

I felt some one lift me up so I was sitting up. My eyes were still closed. I tried opening them, but I couldn’t. I felt something that was cold and made out of metal, was pushed it my hands. I felt my heavy head lean down towards it. Then whoever was holding me pulled my hair back. Then before I knew I it, I started to gag, and that lead into throwing up into the metal container.

When I was done, the person let go of my hair, took the metal container from me, and laid me back down on my bed. I felt cold and clammy. I felt a warm hand against my forehead. Shock at the sudden change of temperature, but then relaxed. I heard water running, then felt a cold cloth on my forehead. I heard the water running again, it sounded like something was being rinsed out. Most likely my barf bucket. Then it was just silence.

After a while, I felt my mussels relax, and my breathing became slow and steady instead of fast and shallow. It felt like me again. I’m guessing around ten to twenty minutes later, the door opened.

“Nurse, she started to throw up again, she also had a small fever, but I think she’s doing better,” That voice, it sounded so familiar.

“Okay, thank you,” I felt the cloth taken away from my head, and replaced with a warm hand. “She doesn’t have a fever any more. She looks fine, I am pretty sure she is just stressed. And her body is reacting to it by throwing up. As soon as she gets up, gets moving, and relives her stress, then she’ll be fine.”

“Okay, good.” Then I heard them both leave. I didn’t understand. Everything felt like a dream, like none of this was real. And those two people were like ghost, spirits, or angles. I do hope this is all a dream.

I finally felt relaxed again. I felt the warm sun shining through my window on to me. I felt normal, just really tiered. Then the door opened. Oh please! I just barfed my insides out; I don’t want to see any one right now.

“Okay, now we really have to get her up,” It was a voice that I have heard before. Soft, but scratchy at the same time. Was I still dreaming?

“Yeah, okay,” It was that voice I heard earlier. I felt a light, genital hand against my arm, and I felt a soft shake. With that little shake, the rest of my senses woke up, and my eyes finally opened. I blinked a few time to get rid of the blurriness. My weak arms pushed my shaky body up so I was sitting up. Drew was at the foot of my bed, and Jay was kneeling down on the floor next to me. I’m guessing he woke me up again.

“I heard what happened,” Drew was heading to the couch and Jay was leaning up against the side of the window.

“What?”I pulled my legs up so I was sitting with my legs crossing. My neck was so soar, but rubbing it seemed to help.

“Jay said you were throwing up”

“I did? I thought that was all a dream.”

“Nope! Don’t worry, it happened to us all. You just have to not be stressed any more. It’s almost nine thirty, we better go help Marvin. He’s leaving at ten. We’ll be back at noon, and we’ll bring lunch.” They started walking to the door, but Drew stopped and turned back to me. “You should really get out of bed and walk around a bit, and get something to eat, you’ll feel loads better.” With the click of the door they were gone.

I sighed and got up and stretched my mussels and brushed my teeth, and took a quick shower. I picked out my favorite pair of jeans and a black shirt. I pushed the button for the nurse, and started to blow dry my hair.

“Hey you’re up. How you feeling?”

“Hey Carla. I’m doing great, but I’m starving.”

“Okay, nice yummy breakfast commingup1” Then I straighten my hair and went and looked out the window. It was bright and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky.

“Okay two eggs over easy, toast, half a banana, and some orange juice. Eat up!”

Thank you, Carla!”

“No problem. Wow just this morning you were throwing up. Well call me if you need anything. She left the tray of food on the little table by my bed, and started heading for the door. “Oh, your parents are visiting you today at four o’clock.

“Okay,” Then she left. I walked over to the table, sat down and started eating. I was so good to be eating something. Then I heard a light tapping on my door.

“Come in,” I was guessing it was Drew, but it was only ten thirty. A guy wearing a dark blue suit walked it. I put down my fork, and stopped eating.

“Good morning Margret,” He came in and sat on the couch. I glared at him. “I have a few questions for you.”

“Who are you?” I didn’t trust this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment